Friday, February 5, 2010

Excuses, excuses

I know, it has been quite a while since I posted . . . but I have an excuse or two! First, my paws may have grown too big to type. (OK, I didn't think you'd buy that one.) The second excuse is that my human parents and I were spending a great deal of time helping the Iowa Hawkeyes through the 2009 football season to a win in the Orange Bowl.

"But Hawk," you might say, "your “the Hawkeye football team has not lost since I moved to Bowie” streak was broken!" It really was not my fault; please let me explain.

First, the Northwestern Wildcats had to break the ankle of our starting quarterback and knock out our starting running back to win. Second, Northwestern has a purple wildcat that looms over their field and makes a dreadful roaring sound. Homeland Security may even have said that cat is in cahoots with the one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater. What is a pup to do?

"OK," you say, "I will give you that. But how can you explain the loss to the Ohio State Buckeyes? They are a bunch of nuts!" Maybe . . . but while their mascot is a nut, their football is very good. When you consider that the game was at Ohio State, and that Iowa had a freshman quarterback making his first start, and that the game went into overtime, I think my Hawkeye team did real well. Plus, Iowa shut out the Minnesota Golden Gophers for the second strait year (he, he). So you see, football season was very stressful and prevented me from blogging as I should. (Good thing I don't get all tail-waggy about basketball until March Madness--not that the Hawkeyes will even make the tournament this year.)

Now that my sporting diversions are explained, I must say I had a great holiday season. In late November my cousins Luna and Cori came up from Georgia to celebrate the first anniversary of me living in MD. Luna said they were here for Thanksgiving because it is celebrated by their human parents--leave it to a bossy girl to try and burst your bubble! Anyway, it was good to have them here at Thanksgiving, and Christmas. And Murray, Daisy and I got a whole bunch of pig ears as a gift--what a delicacy.

So what's new? SNOW! I didn't properly appreciate it last year when I was all young and kind of hairless. That cold stuff on a pup's bare tummy wasn't fun, and I got so scared when a noisy snowplow came by while I was outside that I could barely stand to go out the front door for awhile. But this year is different. We've had lots of fluffy white snow to bark at, play in, run through, and have fun in. And tonight is the motherlode of snow: two to three feet of it! Maybe taller than me, even! I can hardly wait. Will sleep with one eye open to see what happens next . . . wish us luck!
Hawkeye

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Hawkeye! We just saw a German Shepard playing in the snow and he was hopping around like a rabbit, it was so deep!

    ReplyDelete